In 2021, the CERN management underwent some changes, however its activities remained grouped into four sectors:
The Site Management and Buildings Department (SMB) was renamed Site and Civil Engineering Department (SCE).
The SCE Department was grouped with the Industry, Procurement and Knowledge Transfer Department (IPT), Human Resources Department(HR), and Finance and Administrative Processes Department (FAP) in the Finance and Human Resources Sector (FHR).
It was responsible:
- to provide, to maintain in working conditions including their eventual operation, and to renovate the civil engineering structures and infrastructures of the Organization, as well as the technical services of the tertiary structures and infrastructures of the Organization,
- for all phases from preliminary design to construction management and hand-over of complete structures and infrastructures,
- to provide and maintain the infrastructure and services in the domains of Supply Chain and Site Services for the Organization,
- to provide and maintain the infrastructure and services needed to ensure the security of any person entering the domains of the organization, their properties and the properties of the Organization,
- for the clear and coherent implementation of service management.